At Benke Ear, Nose and Throat Clinic, we value every patient’s time. Your appointment time is the time set aside to see your provider. We would like to work with you to efficiently prepare and maximize your one-on-one time with the provider and to keep waiting times to a minimum. Preparation for your appointment may eliminate delays in treatment and diagnosis or the need for return appointment.
Before Your Appointment
All new patients or patients not seen in over six (6) months, will be required to provide updated paperwork prior to being seen. For new patients it is preferred that you utilize the patient portal prior to your appointment and download the “New Patient” forms to fill out and bring with you to your appointment. If you are unable to download these forms, please arrive to your appointment at least 15-20 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time to fill these out.
At the time your appointment is scheduled, you will be given information to access your medical records through our Patient Portal. After receiving log in credentials and instructions you will have access to your account or chart which will allow you to provide important medical history. Once completed, this information will be directly imported into your chart. This process is done electronically, and you will not be required to print from the portal. Through this portal you will also have access to send secure messages directly to office staff.
You must also bring the following items to your appointment:
- Your current insurance card(s)
- A current form of identification, ie. Drivers license, ID card or other government issued form of picture ID.
- A list of all current medications to include dosage, frequency, and prescribing physician. This should include all over the counter medications or herbal supplements. A typed list is preferred, however if you do not have a list, bring your medications with you to your appointment.
- A list of past surgeries (specially any ENT related procedures)
- Bring ANY previous test results of lab (i.e. allergy testing), pathology, x-rays, sleep studies, or anything performed at another providers office, hospital, or ER that is pertinent to your treatment. If you have had sinus imaging, you must obtain the films and/or CD from the imaging facility in addition to the report for review.
- If you have a Managed Care or HMO insurance plan, a referral from your primary care physician may be required by your insurance to see a specialist. This must be obtained before the appointment can be scheduled. We must be able to verify the validity of the referral to ensure coverage by your plan. It is the responsibility of the patient to know the type of policy you have and if a referral is required.
- Written parental authorization if someone other than a parent/legal guardian accompanies a minor child 0-18 years of age.
Failure to provide any of these requirements may result in the need to reschedule your appointment.